Discover upcoming courses and special events happening in
and around your area by clicking on the links below.
December 7-9, 2018
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The introductory level workshop includes lecture, demonstration and practice for each technique presented.
COURSE PARTICIPANTS: Licensed or certified healthcare professionals or students, including Massage Therapists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Naturopaths, Athletic Trainers, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Nurses, and other allied healthcare professionals.
• The participant will understand and be able to functionally apply the three primary areas of trauma as they relate to whiplash: physical laws, evaluation and treatment.
• The participant will learn the appropriate anatomy and physiology for the treatment of whiplash, as well as other trauma conditions.
• The participant will be able to locate and release soft tissue restrictions along the meningeal system.
• The participant will learn about the types of stress during a trauma – traction, compression and shearing – and how they relate to deformation of the tissues in the body.
• The participant will examine indications for Brachial Plexus manipulation, indications for manipulation of Lumbar Plexus and indications for manipulation of Sciatic Plexus.
• The participant will learn an evaluation protocol that will guide them to the areas of primary restrictions, as well as fascial mobilization techniques to release the restrictions.
Click here for More information.
January 11-13, 2019
Approved for 1 CEU/ Instructional hour
Abstract: A 20 hour course on the treatment of pregnant women and newborns: This course will discuss the anatomical and physiologic changes that occur during pregnancy as well as somatic dysfunctions commonly found in pregnant woman and new borns. We will discuss an osteopathic treatment approach to the first, second, and third trimesters and treatment of the new born
Pre-requisites: A 40 hour introductory course in OCF by the cranial academy, SCTF or Dr. Fryman and one Biodynamics course. It is recommended that participants have taken Phases I and II in the Biodynamic curriculum but not required. This course is open to Osteopaths and Medical Doctors who are licensed according to their country standards and practice in that country.
Registration with traditional Osteopathic Studies Dr. James Jealous:
Marnee Jealous Long
Location: Moncton, NB
Dates: June 8 & 9, 2019
1) UNDERSTAND THE MAIN DEVELOPMENT DISORDERS AFFECTING INFANTS AND THE PROBLEMS RELATED TO THEM, ALONG WITH THE RESEARCH AVENUES UNDERLYING THESE PROBLEMS:
* Learning difficulties and disabilities, dyslexia, ADHD, language disorders;
* Anxiety troubles and other emotional disorders;
* Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
2) ASSESS AND TREAT THESE CONDITIONS IN THE OSTEOPATHIC FIELD AND KNOW THE PHYSIOLOGICAL
MECHANISMS RELATED TO THEM. MORE SPECIFICALLY, BASED ON CLINICAL CASES:
* Understand the facilitation mechanisms and neuro-sensori-somatic / osteopathic
influences linked with these problems;
* Know the main somatic and neurological areas involved in these disorders
3) START INTEGRATING PERCEPTUAL AND VOLUMETRIC PALPATORY APPROACHES IN THE PRACTICE:
* Volumetric and non-directive normalization treatment methods;
* Use of non-directive approach to assess and to treat CNS.
For More information:
Various Dates and Locations
For more information and to register: Please click here.